Thursday, June 12, 2008

Grief

Today was a good day. I spent it with my mom just tagging along with her, and the distraction was good. There was one point when I was sitting in the car waiting for my mom and reading through Matthew. I was reading Christs words reminding me not to worry about tomorrow, we have enough trouble for today.
Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
This verse struck my heart because I have been so worried about the days to come. God is daily speaking and teaching, even concepts I thought I already comprehended, He shows me in a new light.

I am realizing that each grief, each persons journey, each loss, each story is set apart and different. Even for me, my grief over Eddie is so different then my grief over Judah, you can't compare or comprehend you can only accept. I am realizing that I am overly sensitive about people comments and I think it is because I am protective of my grief. Not wanting anyone to take it or change it or make it something that it is not. This may sound strange, and maybe it is, but once again grief is something you can't really put a definition on for each person. It is just different and that is the way I think it is suppose to be.

No comments: