Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Waiting

There are times in our lives where it seems like all we do is wait. Wait for the red light to change, wait for a phone call, wait for dinner. Sometimes it is bigger, wait for college acceptance letters, wait for a job interview, wait for our teacher to return our test... Whatever it may be we wait. What I am realizing is what I do during the periods of waiting that I have. Do I really make the most of every opportunity given to me. Do I pray for the specific opportunity that I am waiting on or do I allow myself to worry and obsessed?


2 Peter 3:14 And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight.

I want to be blameless, I want to be pure. I want to put all my trust into my Father who I know loves me and wait. I know that my God is a big God, and I know he cares for me deeply. So now my friends, I encourage you that whatever you are going through, whatever struggles, fears or anxious thoughts you might have about anything. Place your trust and faith in our father. Take time, sit back and pray over the situation, and then Wait. Wait for his mighty voice, his answer to prayer, his sweet and gentle nudge.

No comments: