Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Unexpected Fun

So everyday is a new day here in the offices of Woodmen Valley Chapel. You never know what will happen or how it will happen. But I will tell you it always makes me excited to come in and see what God is going to do.

When I arrive in the office I always turn my computer and lamp on. Ahh...The nice lamp...Everyone here in our office has a red lamp and I think I am the only person in the whole office that actually uses their lamp. When I first started working here I would run around and turn everyone's lamps on but then I realized it was to much work and I was being to distracting, but that is beside the point. As my computer is loading and as I log on I try to take a few moments to silent my heart and pray for the day. Then my email pops up and usually there is many to read and reply too. I always look forward to seeing who has emailed and what is going on. Usually they are encouraging but you do have those days when you read the email and your heart sinks making you wish you had never opened that email. But the day continues...

One of my favorite parts of the week is Chapel, I think because everyone in the office gets together for a short time to pray, share and worship our God, I wish we could start everyday in chapel. What a blessing it would be.

But the best part of my days in the week is when the unexpected happens...an unexpected phone call, email, or card. An unexpected blessing or laugh you did not see coming. The unexpected war of marshmallows....or driving donuts in the parking lot of the church. Yes the unexpected fun of ministry.

And at the end of the day when I lay my head down I realized how blessed I am to work at a place where I get to experience so much fun!!

2 comments:

Katie Mac said...

haha...

haha...

haha...

can you guess what I'm THINKing about?

love ya! Katie MAC

Anonymous said...

Yo umade me cri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I LOVE YOU maby you should try to do what brian is doing this month in feb you know tring to do it every day.... I did say trying!!!!!

LOL,
-Rebekha Shirn