Tuesday, February 10, 2009

With Springs Comes Expectancy

Spring is such a representation of new life! It is amazing to me how much the weather really affects us. Now that it is getting warm and I am starting to see new life around our house it really does stir a feeling of new life in my heart.

In the last couple of weeks Kevin and I have heard news of family and friends who are rejoicing and celebrating their new pregnancy, their new life. As excited and joyful as we are for them of course there is a pain and sorrow that follows, as we so desperately want to experience all that they are experiencing.

What I am truly amazed at is that Kevin and I are experiencing new life, but within ourselves. I am daily preparing my heart, my mind, my body to one day be able to experience a new life growing within me. I am constantly praying that it would be God’s timing and not ours; this in itself is new life for me. I feel like the healing that has been taking place in the last few weeks has been God giving Kevin and me a new and vibrant life!

A couple of weeks ago at church our pastor prayed for those dealing with infertility, he prayed that we would have a heart of expectancy, and that is just what I have been having. I don’t know when or how God will bring children into our lives, I don’t know what our family is really going to look like, but I do have a heart of expectancy for all God is about to do.

I am starting to realize that in my life and in this journey I always want to have a heart that is always expecting God to do great thing, because that is the God I serve, He loves to do great and wondrous things, but they are not always what we want or how we want, but they will be greater then we could even imagine! The verse in Ephesians is my hope and my expectancy!

Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us…

5 comments:

Michelle Hill said...

Love it! And love you!

Libby said...

A friend in the blog world wrote something this we about being called. We are all called to something...well Beth you are called to be a mother! I just know it....you can hear it in your words and in your heart. It will happen...so keep expecting it!
I Love you girlie!

twondra said...

I came over from Stacey's blog...hope that was okay! When I met Stacey last week, she told me you guys were close so I had to check out your blog as Stacey was so special and I knew anyone who was friends with Stacey had to be special, too. :) You sound so sweet. I hope it's okay that I continue to follow your blog! You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!

Stacey said...

How wonderful Beth! I love this lesson about expecting God to do something wonderful. Not just knowing he can, but expecting that he will!

I'm excited about what our Heavenly Father is doing in your life. Love ya, girl.

Becky said...

I have been thinking about that verse a lot lately as well. So often I try to figure out how God is going to work, but I just need to have a "heart of expectancy for all God is about to do" even though I have no idea what that is going to be. Wonderful that you have a pastor with a heart for those dealing with infertility, I wish there were more like him.