Sunday, May 31, 2009

Two Years Ago Today

Two years ago I said hello and goodbye to my first son

Two years ago a piece of me flew to heaven on angels wings

Two years ago I crossed over the line of wanting to gaining

Two years ago I walked into motherhood

Two years ago I learned what grief was and watched as my heart broke

Two years ago I opened the palms of my hands allowing God to take everything

Two years ago I realized my journey into motherhood was going to be difficult terrain

Two year ago I named my first son after my dad, Eddie they will forever share birthdays

Two years ago I had no Idea I would be expecting my third, Jaden Daniel Tanner through adoption

Two years ago is behind, the future lies ahead and I embrace it with open arms

Happy Birthday my sweet little Eddie, you are celebrating your 2nd birthday today, we love you, miss you and carry you with us everyday!

5 comments:

Michelle Hill said...

I knew today was the day....I have quietly been praying for you and Kevin. Not an easy day I know but God has such a way of healing and helping us anticipate the future. I love you my sweet friend.....
Michelle

Stacey said...

Thinking of you, Kevin, and Eddie tonight and wishing I could be there to hug you in person. I hope you feel it from far away!

Libby said...

I know it still hurts everyday, but I am so proud of you. You have come such a long way in just 2 short years. Look where you are now? Isnt it amazing what God has done??
I love you girl...you know I am always here for you. And thank you in return for being there for me!

Hillary said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Eddie!

Becky said...

Praying for you this week as you remember your precious little boy.