Tuesday, March 18, 2008

God Bless America!

Yes, it is I Kevin typing my inaugural Blog. Beth has been hounding me for days to write something, so here goes:

February and March are by far the two worst months of the year for someone like me. The Superbowl ended a fantastic football season, and baseball won't be starting for another month or so. I know that most of you are asking "what about March Madness, and NASCAR?" Well - as a Colorado Native, and a Colorado University Alumni, my school has NEVER been a contender in the NCAA tournament, the closest our state has ever been to college basketball Stardom, was last year when the Air Force Falcons made it to the final four...of the NIT. Yup our state was proud to have the 70th best basketball program in the nation.

And sorry all you Carolina natives - I just can't do NASCAR, if I wanted to watch a bunch of middle aged men go in circles and talk like rednecks, I'd just go to the local flea market.

I don't think I've ever been so excited to watch baseball as I am now, let's see what the Rockies can do after that fantastic run at the end of the year in 2007.

With no sports getting in the way, I have been real busy between working, fixing our house, working at our new church building, and pumping iron (for those of you keeping score at home, I worked out yesterday for the first time in almost 3 months.)

My work is very exciting right now, I have about 10 different projects that I am juggling, some are multi-million dollar opportunities for our company, most of them I'm working with people from all across the world. This is the first March since 2003 when I was not interviewing for a job at least 1000 miles away from home, it's real nice to be at a job that I love, and I don't have to worry about moving.

Our church (seen here: http://www.breakthroughwoc.org/) recently moved into a new building, and they put me in charge of building a stage. After many hours working with the pastor and a few other dedicated men, we actually have a good looking stage. I know that God will use what we built to minister to many, and bring many men and women into the kingdom.

I know you want to know more about what's going on in the world of Kevin. But as a wise man once said, "always leave them wanting more." Hopefully that's the case, and you'll be back in about 3 years when I complete my next blog.

Thanks for reading,
-KT

1 comment:

Jason E. Cochran said...

You know, I am not crazy about NASCAR either but I have heard that if you go to a race, it will change everything. Whenever I sit and watch a race, if I am with someone that knows what they are talking about and they don't mind if I ask a lot of questions then it is pretty fun. It is hard to imagine that there could be any strategy to cars going in a circle.

That is awesome that you built a stage and I hope that many are brought into the kingdom through the haps upon it.

Also, you should try filling out a bracket with a little competition; unless, of course, that would reveal to much of who Kevin is; maybe you would whoop us all or maybe an ignorance would be revealed. Who knows?